Indian Head Massage & Facial Reflexology Treatment.
This a wonderful treatment combining various techniques, of facial reflexology, Indian face massage, acupressure and Indian Head Massage. Just like on the feet, the body also maps out on the face, so by stimulating certain pressure points on those meridians and organs the corresponding parts of the body are also stimulated. Think of it as a painless acupuncture, it follows the same basic principles.
By incorporating the Natural face lift massage as well it brings in the added dimension of tightening and lifting the face. Many people hold a lot of tension in their face which builds up the facial muscles causing puffiness and fine lines and wrinkles. The face is one of the areas mostly richly supplied with nerves and blood vessels. Its closeness to the brain may have evolved to ensure that any sensory stimulus to the area only had the shortest route to travel to the control centre of the body to address any health imbalances.
Benefits of Facial Reflexology are:
- Instant relief of tension on the face, neck, scalp and brain
- Working with the entire body system to address specific issues such as: stress, insomnia, headaches, eye strain.
- Helping to firm the facial muscles, reducing and/or preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stimulation to increase blood circulation and activating lymphatic drainage to achieve a naturally glowing complexion.
- Aid the removal of dead skin cells.
- Stimulates rejeuvenation and cellular activity and improves skin suppleness.
I will start with a gentle cleansing of the face and massage across the shoulders, chest, head and face. I will then use my fingers to press on the different acupressure points, and incorporate different reflexology routines to support you in any areas of health that you feel you need it. I use a massage sequence to allow your face and body to release tension, and use different firming strokes and techniques to encourage blood flow and lymphatic drainage. Indian Head Massage is incorporated into the treatment to help release tension in the head, and improve blood circulation to the scalp.
*I also offer just a 30 minute Facial reflexology treatment as an add on to any other therapy that you would like, it really enhances the healing that’s taking place in the body alongside reiki or foot reflexology.*